Friday, October 27, 2006

National Novel Writing Month - 50,000 Words or Bust!

Procrastination is a terrible thing! It wastes minds. A writing friend and I spoke a couple a weeks ago about participating in NaNoWriMo. I had heard about it last year in passing, and this year there were a lot of emails flying around the ACFW loop when I got back from vacation. I had over 1,000 emails and deleted a lot of the discussion without reading it. I did decide that NaNoWriMo might be something I should participate in this year because I got a nibble about a work in progress (wip) at the 2006 ACFW conference.

Jay and I decided to participate in NaNoWriMo together this year. I just signed up. I know myself, and I work better when under a deadline; I always have. So here I go, starting next Wednesday, November 1.

I like to win. The only prize for accomplishing 50,000 + words is a certificate that I'm a winner. I can do it. I want that certificate and the success of getting that many words down on paper all by myself.

Now, what should I write?

No comments: