Saturday, September 15, 2007

On The Road Again

I feel like I've been in the car the whole month of September. I took off with my niece for Oklahoma City on Thursday before Labor Day. I returned home on Tuesday after Labor Day. I got to stay home a whole 48 hours before taking off again for a quilt retreat.

The retreat was a blast. I got chosen as Queen of the Afternoon for Saturday - have the crown and scepter to prove it. My wonderful friend and quilt buddy was in charge of this September's retreat, and she did an absolutely fantastic job of planning to ensure that each of us felt special.

We added an extra day to the retreat, so I got to quilt all day on Friday and Saturday and half the day on Sunday. They do make us leave by 1:00 p.m. on Sunday - boo hoo. One comment I overheard as we were packing our cars, "I feel like I'm at a reunion - I don't want to leave." Amen, sister.

I had an agenda for the retreat. I had to plan, create, construct, quilt and bind a wall hanging. I made my goal. I have the wall hanging I promised to donate to the ACFW writer's conference I'm attending this coming Thursday - Sunday. We're having a silent auction to raise funds for scholarships to next year's conference. I just have to add a couple of rings so the winner will be able to hang it on the wall. My friend, Diane, added a bit of embroidery to my wall hanging and it looks wonderful. Thanks Diane!

The embroidery wasn't free, though. Diane exacted the promise of a wall hanging for November's silent auction for a Christian women's group she belongs to. So after the writing conference it's back to the sewing machine I go. Such a chore - to have to quilt. lol

I spent from Monday through tonight going to meetings and running errands for myself and my aunt and cousin. I'm ready for another break. So it's on the road again I go next Wednesday. But in the meantime there's all this laundry to get done so I'll have something clean to wear at the conference.

No comments: