Friday, August 24, 2007

Preparation and Presentation

In a couple of weeks, I'll be presenting the program for ETWA. Last night I pulled together the samples of One Sheets that I've been collecting. There are some good ones and some that are okay and a couple that don't fit the criteria I've put together for a good One Sheet. But that's okay.

In fact, it's a fallback to my teaching days. When you teach a lesson, according to one primary teaching authority's opinion, you should have good examples of the concept you are teaching and non-examples of the concept. In other words, this one is right and this one is wrong. That way your students can compare them for themselves.

I'm putting together a packet for the attendees to take home. I'm going to make my presentation as short as the crowd will allow because One Sheets are really self-explanatory when you see them. I'm anxious to get to the homework portion of our September program. I want to know what everyone thinks of my short stories.

All I have left to do on my presentation is to revamp my own One Sheet (because when I went over the criteria list I realized I'd done my wrong!), make copies of it to include in the packet, go to Kinko's with the One Sheets that I didn't want to copy on my own printer (files are way too big with background graphics and color- so I printed out one b&w copy of each and will use the copy machines to make them faster and cheaper), and then collate the copies and staple. And then I'll be done.

kmparis

2 comments:

Inactive Account said...

What's a "one sheet?"

Kassy Paris said...

DeLyn - come to the September 14th ETWA meeting and you'll find out. LOL
A one sheet is an elaborated business card. I'll show you some examples next time I see you.