Saturday, August 04, 2007

Printing Problems

I'm back to my Grrrr stage. I printed off a copy of my novel to send to the editor. Got it done finally, after some initial problems. Made it to the Post Office and got it sent off. Fine. Done.

Now on to the next printing - a copy for myself so I can simply go to Kinko's and copy it for the next editor request. And then ... there it was, page 30 had a skip in it that was over three-fourths of the page long. It appeared to be a page break until I looked at page 31. Page 31 wasn't a new chapter just a new scene. What happened? Why did I have such a break?

Who knows. All I know is the copy went off to the editor with the error in it. And the copy I made for myself now has the pages mis-numbered because I found the error too late - most of the 367 pages had been printed. So I'll have to print off another copy at some point if I have to send out the MS to another editor because this one rejected First I'm Nobody.

Do the problems working with computers ever end? I think not. Just as you learn how to prevent or deal with a problem a new one crops up. So be prepared. Oh, if you've asked for God to give you patience. He will, but first you'll have to go through a bunch of situations where you'll need to use patience. So as the old adage says, be careful what you pray for (slight re-wording on my part - poetic license you know.

No comments: